The PhilForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello

4 posters

Go down

Hello Empty Hello

Post  Joe Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm Joseph Hyman, administrator of the Philmont Explorer site and this forum. I'm an Eagle Scout, associate crew advisor for Venture Crew 67 in Choctaw, OK, and a computer engineering major at the University of Oklahoma. I've been on four Philmont treks (2003, 2004, 2005, 2007).

I created the Philmont Explorer site and this forum as tools to help out our local contingent (and anyone else bound for Philmont). Our contingent leaders do a fantastic job, but its tough for Earl and a handful of other people to answer everyone's questions. The site and this forum can help centralize all the important information and our conversations in one place. I hope you'll find it useful.
Joe
Joe

http://www.philmontexplorer.com

Back to top Go down

Hello Empty Just Joined

Post  pcillo Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Joe, I just joined your group (I got your site and info of the Philmont Forum). My name is Paul Cillo and I am returning to Philmont 35 years after I first went as a boy. This time it should even be more memorable as I am going with my 16 year old son. You have a great site and I look forward to using over and over (as I still have an 11 year old that I am sure will drag me back one more additional time).

Our 2 crews are arriving on July 1st this year (a troop trek) and we are looking forward to it. We are out of Maryland and the troop last went to Philmont in '07. In '08 we did Maine High Adventure and that was a great trip.

pcillo

Back to top Go down

Hello Empty Thanks Joe!

Post  JimBob Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Joe:

I just found this site via Google, and wanted to say THANKS!!!
You are the man!!!

I really apprecate all your hard work!
I didn't make it to Philmont as a scout, so I'm going for the first time as a leader with my son.
It is going to be a GREAT trip, but I am somewhat anxious affraid about all of the details and logistics.

You and this site will really help me get a better night's sleep ... Very Happy

Jim

JimBob

Back to top Go down

Hello Empty Great Job

Post  Alan in AZ Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:48 am

Joe great job on the site... Really like how you have consolidated things by trek.

I have an excel tool you may be interested in in some form - if you message me an email I can send it to you. It basically has several parts - seems it would be complementary to what you have. Its intended as a tool to aid crews selecting treks based on program activites as a first pass to reduce the selection to a subset of interest for further review.

Its a programs by activity matrix & crew scoring system to go with it - there is also a matrix across all treks of related data: total distance, longest day distance, staffed camps, dry camps, layovers...

The matrix alone is probably an interesting visual direction... the scoring systems may be too specific - but worked well for us.

Anyway great job - pleased keep it up for 2011 treks - this is the best Philmont trek info resource out there....

Alan

Alan in AZ

Back to top Go down

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum